Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo state, ACU Important Notice To All Student On Dress Code For 2017/2018 Session.
The Management of ACU has released an important notice to all prospective student of the university on the dress code for the 2017/2018 academic session. This notice is released for the awareness of all students and parents, and most especially for the compliance of both fresh and returning students for the session.
The dress code aims to ensure that students dress in a decent manner. It, therefore, prohibits some form of dresses/dressing, hairdo/hairstyle, beard, moustache, whiskers, etc.
AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY DRESS CODE FOR 2017/2018 SESSION
The Management of this University hereby informs as follows;
- Students must comply strictly with the University’s Dress Code in respect of the dresses they have in their luggage.
- If a student has a dress which is at variance with the Dress Code, the parent/guardian will be required to take the dress away as the University will henceforth not keep such dresses for the students.
- All students (that is, both male and female students) must comply with the regulations in respect of hairdo/hairstyle, beard, moustache, whiskers, etc. Any student who is found to be non-compliant will not be allowed into the campus and will be required to go to the town to effect a redress of the issue.
- Parents/Guardians are enjoined to please co-operate with the University Management with respect to the above issues to avoid any embarrassment for their children/wards during the screening and clearance processes on resumption.
- Parents/Guardians and students are advised to visit the University’s website for information on contraband items, prohibited dresses, hairstyles etc.
Please take note, the following are NOT acceptable:
- Tight, short, skirts and gowns above the knees (except for sporting purposes);
- Transparent and see-through dresses;
- Semi-naked Appearance: Wearing of ordinary underwear like singlet, sleeveless/spaghetti dresses that expose major parts of the body, etc.;
- Skirt which due to slitting, reveals sensitive parts of the wearer’s body, and stretch, banded and bandaged elastic material for skirt/gowns (Lycra materials)
- Short and skimpy dresses, e.g. body hugs, show-me-your chest, spaghetti wears and dresses exposing sensitive parts of the body, backless, camisole only;
- Wearing of T-Shirts with obscene inscriptions and face caps;
- Shirts that reveal the wearer’s chest unduly;
- Sagging/Earth level/ fancy (use belt);
- Dread, Galax, Fadeout and Rough Coil Hair Cut, Bushy hair, unkempt appearance;
- Wearing of earrings by male students;
- wearing of multiple and bogus earrings by female students;
- Leggies/Geggies/Pencil trousers;
- Jeans/Tattered Jeans and any materials that look like jeans, Tight trousers, and all other forms of tight fitting clothing;
- Hair plaiting or weaving by male students;
- Wearing of bathroom slippers around the university premises;
- No bangles, beads, rings, etc. for male students; and
- Beards are not allowed, must be clean shaved;
- Students I.D. Card must be worn around the neck always;
- Tattoo with provocative writing or picture;
- Non-natural coloured hair is not allowed.
More photos that illustrate some of these can be found here.
Please note that culprits will be sanctioned; therefore dress well in conformity with the ACU Dress Code.