Federal Polytechnic Idah is currently recruiting for the position of Rector. There shall be vacancy for the post of Rector by the end of 2017.
The Management of Federal Polytechnic Idah is inviting suitably qualified candidates for the post of RECTOR of the which shall be vacant on 23rd December, 2017. Below is the “Internal and External Advertisement” made by the polytechnic management on the vacancy.
ABOUT FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH, KOGI STATE
The Federal Polytechnic Idah, a second generation Polytechnic, was established as Idah College of Technology and took off on 28th November, 1977. The establishment is in accordance with Federal Polytechnics Act, Decree No. 33 of 1979 and Decree No. 5 of 1993, as amended.
The Polytechnic which is located at Kilometre 5 along Idah-Ajaka road, runs 49 full-time programmes at both the National Diploma (ND) and the Higher National Diploma (HND) that are fully accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
ABOUT THE POSITION OF RECTOR
The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council. In addition to proven Management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavour and be credible to the Polytechnic.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR FEDERAL POLY IDAH RECTOR POSITION
i. The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold a Master Degree or Doctorate degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years professional and administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer of not less than five (5) years’ experience on the rank from the Polytechnic sector.
iii. Must not be more than 60 years of age as at the time of assumption of office.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshop.
vii. Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
viii. Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethical, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
xii. Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government hospital).
xiii. Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT/CONDITION OF SERVICE
The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four (4) years and no more. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAHO RECTOR VACANCY – 2017
i. Applicants are to attach to their applications, twenty (20) type written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order;
- Full Names (Surname, First and Underlined);
- Date and place of Birth;
iii. State of Origin and Local Government Area;
- Nationality and how acquired;
- Marital Status;
- Number and ages of children;
vii. Current postal Address including telephone number and e-mail;
viii. Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations;
- Honours and Distinctions (if any);
xii. Academic/Scholarly publications;
xiii. Conferences attended and papers presented with dates;
xiv. Previous employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates;
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience;
xvi. Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies);
xvii. Other activities outside current employment and
xviii. Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports directly to the Registrar, The Federal Polytechnic, P.M.B. 1037, Idah, Kogi State. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF RECTOR” at the top left hand corner addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B 1037, Idah,
All applications are to reach the office of the Registrar not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.