The Finland Government Scholarship Pool programme (Finland International Students Scholarships) is open to young researchers from all academic fields.
Finland International Students Scholarships – The Finland Government scholarships are offered for a period of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and analysis at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2018.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship includes:
a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The pay is adequate for one person only.
Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not met by the programme. Scholarship recipients are approved to make adjustments for adequate insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be taken at (country): Finland
Type: Doctoral Scholarship
Eligibility for Finland International Students Scholarships: In order to be an eligible candidate for the Finland Government Scholarships, applicant must first successfully apply for a study/research position at a Finnish university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least conditionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student. Please see district Doctoral Admissions for knowledge on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or analysis placement in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- have fixed contact with the Finnish acquiring institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’)
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the proposal should also explain the responsibility of the host institution to the project
- have merited a Masters-level degree before applying
- plan to pursue post-master’s level studies as a touring student, engage in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- not have used already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the expected scholarship period in Finland
- be able to give confirmation of adequate skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
- be a national of one of the qualified countries listed above
How to Apply for Finland International Students Scholarships: Enthusiastic applicants are to download and complete the scholarship application form.
Applying for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate management in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool. For information on the relevant authority in your country, please see the listing of countries and authorities to contact.
It is necessary to go through the Application guidance on the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
For more information, visit the scholarship web page.